Sunday, February 06, 2005

Yesterday

wasn't a total loss. We had registered for the annual 10k run, which started at 1:00. I had loaded my mp3 player with my favorite music (Deep Purple, Van Halen, Doors plus one or two songs by a couple of others - so I like the oldies), and as soon as the run started, I activated my watch's lap time counter and my player, and I was off. My wife ran, and I walked, and she ran the whole thing in 1h 19m while I walked the whole thing in 1h 30m. I think that listening to music while I walked it helped me; I was pretty consistent in my walking, covering 1 mile every 15 minutes. I think maybe about 4000 people participated, so there were a lot of folks around. As soon as we finished, we were given water, bananas, and pizza. And there was live music (it wasn't very good) and a lot of activity.
We went home, showered and changed; then we went out to dinner with my sisters-in-law at La Casa del Taco in Mission. Mary and I had a botana platter, so I have leftovers for dinner. It was delicious, as usual.
Anyway, today, she's leaving for Austin and will be there until Friday. So I'll be on my own all week. Hope she gets to see the kiddos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home