Here I am, 7:45 in the morning, looking out the window at the students walking by, thinking about the day. I've got a class presentation in a few minutes if someone who is supposed to do it doesn't show up-I volunteer, not having done any in a while. It'll be good to walk to another building and stretch my legs.
Yesterday Gordon and I finished repairing the corner of the house that was water damaged. I say Gordon and I but actually he did all the work; all I did was stand around and hand him tools and stuff. Anyway, the cornor is fixed; next I'll have to add some chalking to the nails and the areas where the different pieces meet. Afterward I'll have to paint it; might as well paint the whole house while I'm at it; it's been a few years since we last had it painted, and I never really liked that paint we used. But of course, somebody else chose it, so I really couldn't say anything about it. This time, hopefully, we'll get something we both like; she's admitted that the one we have now is really not that great and we need to get something that really matches the brick.
So how do you have a jumpdrive repaired? I just got a jumpdrive, put some files on it, and used it for a while. But now, it can't be read. A computer will recognize it and verifiy it's install, but for some reason, it can't read any files on it. I've tried it on several computers and the same thing happens on all of them. Maybe I should return or exchange it unless I can get it working again.
A couple of days ago I saw two or three greenjays on our front tree. Greenjays look like Bluejays, but they're green with a blue top. And I understand that our area is the farthest north they come, so our little spot in the only place they're seen in the US. And once or twice I've seen a bright red bird around here, but I don't thing they're cardinals. Yesterday I saw a tiny bird with a yellow feathers in the front, some type of wren, I imagine, but I'm not sure. And the owl we used to see up front has been missing for a few days; I think the neighbor girls scared it away when they started throwing a ball at it during the day while it was sleeping. I saw it fly away from the palm tree and I haven't seen it since. That one is a while owl with brown tinges here and there. I'm not sure if it's the one we've seen for years around here. We've seen a large white one for years flying around in the evenings, but this one in front seems a little smaller. I've also seen a brown one flying around once in a while.
Well, I guess I better check the lab area to see if anyone needs help...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home