Tuesday, January 18, 2005

So yesterday I spent most of the day in Harlingen while Mary did a workshop for the district. I got to check out their Target, the Walmart, the Mall, and of couse, the library. All in all, it was a pretty dull day since I couldn't do much of anything else. I did get to buy a new garage door opener. When I parked in front of the district's media center, I managed to get online and checked my email; then I guess the network went down and I couldn't log on anymore. My wife said she had the same problem, that the network kept going on and off while she was there.

I finally finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife. As I mentioned earlier, it's not really science fiction; it's a love story somewhat disguised as scifi. It's mostly written in two points of view: Clare's (the wife) and Henry's (the time traveler). Mostly it's about how they relate to each other in their various encounters throughout time. She first meets him when she's six and he appears in front of her; he first meets her when he's twenty-eight and she's twenty, and she's in a library looking for a book. As I mentioned, if anything, it's a love story, the kind that women will love. I understand it's up for discussion at the TLA convention in Austin sometime this year.

While in Harlingen, I picked up a Peter Straub book, Lost Boy, Lost Girl. Next to Stephen King, he's my other favorite author, I guess, especially when he writes about Tim Underhill, who's usually involved in some type of horror/spooky adventure.

So, OK, I downloaded and installed Hello!, but I still can't post pictures on this blog. I follow the instructions, but nothing happens. I guess I'll just have to keep on trying until I get it right. I wonder if I should install Picasa, if that will help.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home