downer
Well, today was my nephew Matt's birthday. My sister and I had lunch with him at Chile's. The staff came and sang him Happy Birthday and brought him cake and ice cream. Wouldn't you know it, I spilled some on my pants. I got home and changed then left for the lab at 1:30. I got back at 4:00. As I drove up, I noticed the front door wide open. I approached and noticed the frame was broken. Someone had kicked in the door and burglarized our home. They (it had to be more than one 'cause some items were heavy) took two 24 inch flat screen tvs, two dvd players, some jewelry, some movies on vhs, and wouldn't you know it, my laptop. It seemed to have been a very quick job since no one heard or saw anything and they only took the electronics (not that we have anything valuable) and a jewelry box they could easily carry off. Of course, we have our suspicions, but proving anything is another thing...
The sad thing is my laptop has some manuscripts for some books. There's one from an professor at San Marcos; there's one from one of my cousins who's been working on his for several years. And I've got at least a couple plus a lot of short stories I've written. Luckily I've got backups of everything, but still...at least I never put personal info in my computers, such as credit card or finances.
Oh well...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home