Ok, so I finally finished reading Cyberterror. R. J. Pineiro does a good job capturing the reader's interest with his tale of terrorism in the real world and in the cyberworld. While a special force composed of FBI and CIA operatives fight terrorism in the physical world, another member of the special task force fights terrorism in the cyberworld. Of course, there are many incidents and background developments that make the book interesting reading, but ultimately, it's about the confrontation between the US and terrorists.
The other night I watch That Thing You Do, and I really enjoyed it. It's been a while since I'd seen it, and I was happy to catch it on TV. I think that movie, along with Almost Famous, is one of my favorites. Usually I like the sci-fi action movies, but I also enjoy movies that have a (rock) music base such as those two. It's funny, though, I'd just seen the actor who played Lenny in another movie in which he came out as a vampire, The Forsaken. The other actor I recognized in that movie was they one who plays Michael in Roswell.
Well, Christmas is almost upon us; I haven't done any real Christmas shopping yet. Maybe next week. I'm at a point where I don't know what to get anyone anymore. I'll just have to look around for interesting items, I guess, or ultimately rely on gift cards or gift certificates.
Tomorrow I'll be in Laredo; maybe I'll see something to pick up at La Mall del Norte, but I've been there before. They have the same stores as the malls in the Valley and Austin. It doesn't have a Waldenbooks, thought; it has a B. Dalton, and I've never seen a Barnes and Nobles there. Maybe the fairly new Best Buy will have something I can consider....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home