Isn't a wireless network fantastic? I'm sitting outside in the rear porch area of the house, and I'm online. I can access anything on the internet, download files using bearshare or bit torrent, or do anything else I'd do inside, and not have to worry about a connection. it really is good.
So I'm sitting outside, and I think a cold front is arriving. There's a lot of wind moving the branches of the trees; there are a lot of leaves flying around, and I feel the cooler air as the breeze hits me. It's getting a little darker, making an overcast day seem a little gloomier than before. I wonder how cold it'll get. Probably it'll go down to the 40s tonight and be in the 50s tomorrow.
So my drive D is about 50% full. I guess I shouldn't add anymore episodes of Roswell or Smallville for a while. I like to have them in my laptop for when I'm out somewhere bored waiting for Mary and I can'd write or do anything else. I get to watch my favorite episodes from those series or perhaps a DVD if I remember to pack one or two.
I think I finally got over my "writer's block." I'd been getting ideas for some characters I've used before that I thought I was through with, but "they" kept at me, telling me, "You need to write about this..." I finally came up with a title for a short story (while listening to a DP cd) and once again I'm using a title from one of Deep Purple's songs: Black Night.
I thought I knew what it was going to be about when I got the idea, but it's turning out different than I thought. It's looking more like a psychological thing, looking into the thoughts of one of my characters while he's hitch hiking. Among other things, he's trying to figure out why he decided to hitch hike rather than drive to his destination. Well, I need to think about it some more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home