Ramdom Thoughts in the Morning
It's about 7:30 in the morning. I'm looking out the window from my desk and see a lot of people walking casually on their way to class. I saw a lot of cats on my way to the library, waiting patiently for whoever feeds them today. In the time I've been here, I've seen a small girl run by twice under the covered walkway. The walkway is at least a mile long and goes around the middle of campus. By small I mean a very short, petite woman; she must be under 5 feet tall from what I can see from here at my desk. It looks like a nice day so far; it must be in the upper 70s or low 80s. It'll probably reach near 100 or over by midday. But at least it's overcast at the moment.
A couple of weeks ago I was in Austin. My wife attended a conference and I just puttered around. Had dinner with my daughter. Had lunch with my son. He proudly showed us the house he and his wife are buying. Checked out the new Half Price Books building; they've relocated from the old blue building.
Since we've returned, though, there've been several deaths in the circle of people I know.
The short girl just ran by again.
The first death actually occurred just before we got back; the mother of one of our neighbors died. The second death occurred in North Carolina. He was a childhood friend, one of those you think of when you remember your childhood and growing up. He was a couple of years older than me, but he was from the very first batch of friends in the old neighborhood; later we'd meet again in high school when he was in the upper classes and I was just a freshman, but I remember him and his brother when they were the kids across the street and we'd all hang out. The third death was an acquaintance, but I knew his brother and his sisters-he didn't grow up with them; he was raised by his grandmother. When he was 15 he came back home, but by then it was too late for me to know him. His parents and my parents were friends, but I was never really friends with his brother and sisters; we were more like acquaintances. The fourth death occurred a few days later; a secretary at my wife's work had a heart attach and died the next day. It was a so sudden that it was just a shock. Yesterday the fifth death occurred. One of the psych instructors had a heart attach and died in the morning.
I guess I should be worried; my 96 year old grandmother has started seeing dead people; people she knew when they were alive.
The short girls once again passed by, running under the covered sidewalk.
I had a pleasant surprised yesterday; my daughter sent me The 4400 first season on DVD. I guess she knows I'm interested in that type of stuff. Not only that, but a friend is putting most of first season LOST episoded on DVD for me, so I'll be able to erase them from my HD.
Speaking of the 4400, this morning I was reading an article about Roswell. A book is coming out claiming that the whole thing was a coverup for some experimentation on humans. I think the gist of it is that the government encourages anything, any explanation regartding Roswell so that the truth is covered up, the truth being about experimenting on humans (Japanese and Korean POWs) by exposing them to high radiation, etc. Who knows; maybe someday we really will find out what actually did happen. There's a link on coasttocoastam.com for those interested in this.
Geez; it's 7:55. I haven't posted this much in ages.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home