Yesterday I forgot to mention that we had lunch at a new Chinese restaurant in Edinburg. I must admit it was good. Actually, it's a Chinese buffet, and I'm always a little hesitant to eat at such restaurants, but it was actually good. For some reason, the restaurants that open in that particular spot don't seem to make it. So far, there have been one regular restaurant and two Mexican restaurants there, but they keep closing. I can't imagine why; the place is right across from the university and next to a hotel, but they just haven't worked out. Maybe this one will. I think my daughter and her husband would probably like this one, so maybe we'll all go over if they do manage to be here next weekend. In Austin, they like all these different types of restaurants, and my wife and I have enjoyed the ones they've exposed us to.
Speaking of restaurant, there's a fairly new one again right in front of our neighborhood, a Mexican restaurant I believe. Since they advertise botana platters, it's something I'd like to try also. Maybe when my son comes down we can all get one from there since we didn't get on this last Christmas when he came down from Austin. Of course, it was too cold and the the snow and ice discouraged any driving on our behalf, so that was why we didn't enjoy his favorite southern Texas dish.
I don't know; it seems all we do is think about food and eat. I gotta get a new hobby.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home