Wednesday, September 28, 2005

updates

Ok, so no update on WB's Supernatural this week. The little I saw showed a hand coming out of the water and pulling someone in. Can't figure out what folklore or legend that's based on from the little I saw.

I was too busy watching Firefly on the Scifi channel. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed watching it the first time it was on TV before it got cancelled, and watching all I could yesterday reminded of what a great series it was. Now I'm looking forward to the movie coming out this Friday based on the series, Serenity. Firefly is the type of ship, I believe, and Serenity is the name of this particular ship. Enough of that.

I've put some portable versions of some programs on a USB drive and they work! I've put portable Firefox, portable Open Office, Portable Thunderbird and a couple of other programs on a USB drive so that I can carry my favorite programs with me and use them on other computers if I need to. I've tested them on the USB drive and they work pretty well. I decided to put them on a CD and tried to see if they work as well, but so far, I've only gotten Open Office to work from that CD, so I guess I'll keep experimenting. I've been thinking of using Abiwork instead of Open Office on the USB drive since Office takes up much more space.

Can't believe we're still getting 100+ heat around here; hopefully, with the cool front coming throught Texas, we'll cool down some, maybe to around 100.

I've finished reading Kite Runner. I usually don't like to read historical fiction, but this one was highly recommended, and I have to admit I enjoyed reading it. It's not usuall they type of literature I like to read, but I do recommend it to anyone looking for a good, coming of age type of book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home