Breckenridge

Last week, a group of family members spent a few days in Breckenridge. I must say that little town in the mountains is as close to a perfect place as possible. It's very pretty; it's very pet-friendly; and the people are not only friendly, it seems like they're all health conscious, with many people walking or running or biking all over the place. One good feature of the town is that there is public transportation, with free rides along some routes and even up the mountain. Of course, the mountains are the biggest attraction, especially for someone like me who grew up in a flat area of Texas, with not even any decent hills to break the monotony of the horizon. Breckenridge is close to 10000 feet above sea level, quite a contrast to our home area which is as pretty close to sea level. I thought it was interesting that one can get dehydrated at those high altitudes.
Breckenridge is definitely one place I'd like to return to, but I'm not sure I'd like to visit during the winter.
Click on the link above for some photos.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home