Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Supernatural

I'm a sucker for scary tales. I like to read horror, thrillers, suspence, and of course, science fiction. I also like to watch these types of movies and tv programs.
Last night was the premier of WB's Supernatural.

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Show/0,7353,%7C%7C2385,00.html

I have to admit I liked it. I just hope the rest of the season can keep giving us good episodes. With all the folklore to draw on, I'm sure the writers will come up with some interesting tales and twists.
Last night's episodes was basically a retelling of, for those of us down here in South Texas, the "La Llorona" story. To the characters in the story, it was the Woman in White tale. Basically, it's a spurned woman, usually a woman whose husband has been unfaithful, who goes crazy, kills her children, and in a fit of remorse, commits suicide usually by drowning. Her spirit thereafter cannot rest or be at peace until she finds her children or atones for her sins.
In the story last night, the woman in white is a common phenomena that occurs throughout the country. It's going to be interesting to see what else these characters encounter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home